- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Customer: is a consumer with a significant relationship with a financial institution.
Consumer: is an individual who obtains or has obtained a financial product or service from a financial institution for personal, family or household reasons.
Financial institution: is any organization in the business of engaging in activities that are financial in nature, or incidental to such activities.
Nonpublic personal information: is data collected about a customer in conjunction with providing a financial product or service which is not generally available to the public.
Affiliate: is an entity that controls another company, is controlled by the company or is under common control with the company, Thoroughbred Mortgage.
How We Gather Information
As part of providing you with mortgage products or services we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- Application, forms and other information that you may provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, through our website, or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, social security number, employment information income and credit references;
- Your transaction with us, our affiliate or others. This information may include your account balances, payment history and account usage;
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your credit worthiness;
- Public sources. This information may include real estate records, employment records, telephone number, etc.
Information We Share
Thoroughbred Mortgage may disclose information about you as permitted by law. We are required to or we may provide information about you to third-parties without your consent; such as:
- To regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- To report account activity to credit bureaus;
- To consumer reporting agencies;
- To respond to a subpoena or court order or judicial process;
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or operating unit.
We may provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. The information provided to these service providers, as described above under ?How We Gather Information? is limited to only that which we deem appropriate for these service providers to carry out their functions. Our providers may include lenders, investors, title and escrow companies, appraisal companies, etc. In addition, we do not disclose any nonpublic information we have about you to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to the privacy and practices described in this notice.
Opt Out Rights
Consumers have the right to opt out of having their information shared with certain third parties. Our consumers have a right to say no to the sharing of specific information ? credit report or application information ? with our affiliates.
A consumer is not able to opt out if the:
- Information shared with outside companies that provide essential services
- Disclosure is legally required;
- Information shared with outside service providers that market the financial company?s product or services.
If you would like to opt out, please call our toll free number 1-888-998-3335, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm, or by email:email@example.com.
Your privacy remains a priority when you interact with us online. We utilize firewalls, encryption and authentication in order to maintain the security of your information. We do not access information about your identity while you browse our website; we do, however, collect data regarding the date and time you visited, all while remaining completely anonymous. This information is collected using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google, Inc. that generates detailed statistics about a website‘s traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales. This software uses ?cookies? which are text files placed on your computer. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on services in the United States.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. To ensure that visitors are aware of our current privacy practices we recommend that they check this site periodically.